I’m David Ly Khim, an acquisition growth marketer at HubSpot and advisor for United Way Youth Venture in Boston. This is where I write about growth marketing, career development, and self-improvement. See what I’m currently up to on my /now page.
I’ve done marketing for an agency, restaurant company, publishing company, and non-profits. I help build meaningful companies that have a positive impact on the world.
Originally from Long Beach, California, when I’m not thinking about marketing, I read, lift weights, run, listen to music, bike to random coffee shops, drink bourbon, boulder, dance, and watch Netflix.
Want to talk about marketing and growth? Let’s talk.
Forever a student
I’m always learning. I chose to be interested in things instead of looking for interesting things.
Dance was a large part of my life for 7 years. I occasionally teach workshops.
I have a B.S. in Chemistry but decided it wasn’t the lifestyle I wanted or the industry I wanted to be in.
- Coordinated and launched HubSpot’s first mentorship program for People of Color at HubSpot to improve diversity and inclusion
- Created and managed the launch of HubSpot’s first Inbound Sales Day
- Founded The UP Lab with Justin Ho
- Created The UP Lab Cafe, a coffee delivery service for college students, out of my apartment
- Co-founded Panoply, a fashion consulting business, with Kendrick Wang
- Created the Milestone Project, a community project for students to publicly share their goals
- Created the Looking Up Project, a platform for individuals to pay tribute to the extraordinary people in their lives (featured in the Orange County Register)
- Brought the Before I Die Wall to UC Irvine (watch the documentary of how it came to be)
- Hosted the Claim to Fame, an annual dance event, three times
- Part of the team that created The All-UCI Dance Battle to unite the UC Irvine dance community
- Content marketing at Single Grain and Growth Everywhere
- Managed all digital marketing for The Little Door restaurant and Little Next Door in West Hollywood
- Went to Honduras with Global Brigades to help map out a gravitational water system
- Built Trippn, a simple version of Google Maps for my General Assembly Front-End Web Development course