I’m David Ly Khim, a user acquisition growth marketer at HubSpot and advisor for United Way Youth Venture in Boston. This is where I write about growth marketing, career development, and self-improvement.
I’ve done marketing for an agency, restaurant company, publishing company, and non-profits. I build meaningful companies that have a positive impact on the world.
Originally from Long Beach, California, when I’m not thinking about marketing, I read, lift weights, run, listen to music (check out my playlists), bike to random coffee shops, drink bourbon, boulder, dance, and watch Netflix.
Want to talk about marketing or career growth? Interested in working at HubSpot? Get in touch.
Forever a student
I’m always learning. I chose to be interested in things than to look for interesting things.
Dance was a large part of my life for 7 years. I occasionally teach workshops.
I have a B.S. in Chemistry but decided it wasn’t the lifestyle I wanted or the industry I wanted to be in.
- Created and managed the launch of HubSpot’s first Inbound Sales Day
- Founded The UP Lab with Justin Ho
- Created The UP Lab Cafe, a coffee delivery service for college students, out of my apartment
- Co-founded Panoply, a fashion consulting business, with Kendrick Wang
- Created the Milestone Project, a community project for students to publicly share their goals
- Created the Looking Up Project, a platform for individuals to pay tribute to the extraordinary people in their lives (we were featured in the OC Register)
- Brought the Before I Die Wall to UC Irvine (watch the documentary of how it came to be)
- Hosted the Claim to Fame, an annual dance event, three times
- One of the original board members that created The All-UCI Dance Battle to unite the UC Irvine dance community
- Content marketing at Single Grain and Growth Everywhere
- Managed all digital marketing for The Little Door restaurant and Little Next Door brasserie in West Hollywood (and two related properties)
- Went to Honduras with Global Brigades to help map out a gravitational water system
- Built Trippn, a simple version of Google Maps for my General Assembly Front-End Web Development course